Recently, I was nominated for the Sunshine Award. With such a beautiful name, I was curious what this award is all about and here is what I found.
“The Sunshine Award is given to bloggers who other bloggers feel have been inspiring, positive and offer help where needed. They basically spread a little sunshine as they walk along their blogging pathway.”
I am so honored and touched that Oster’s Mom of discover and devour found me to be worthy of this award. Thank you so much! Please know that I am passing this right back to you as you more than deserve it.
If you haven’t already done so, please pay a visit to her blog. Oster’s Mom posts fantastic children’s book reviews and tips for getting your child interested in reading as well as entertaining stories about her adventures with her son Oster.
Rules for the Sunshine Award:
- Include the award’s logo on your blog.
- List 10 facts about yourself (or answer 10 questions).
- Nominate some other fabulous bloggers for this award.
- Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blogs letting them know they have been nominated.
- Share the love and link to the person who nominated you.
There seem to be different versions of the rules, one asking for 10 facts and another for answers to 10 questions. Since I already listed a number of random facts about myself before, I am going to answer the questions this time.
- What is your favorite color? Green has always been my favorite color but I have become quite fond of orange ever since Livi was born.
- What is your favorite animal? I love all kinds of animals but I think my favorite animal is my cat who sadly passed away shortly before Livi was born.
- What is your favorite number? Right now it is 3. Before it was 2. Hopefully, it will be 4 (or 5) some day. 🙂
- What is your favorite non-alcholic drink? At the moment, Green Plant Juice from Trader Joe’s. I am currently addicted to it.
- Do you prefer Facebook or Twitter? I don’t really have the time for either one.
- What is your passion? Aside from raising my daughter, I would say reading and writing are my two big passions, closely followed by the outdoors.
- Do you prefer getting or giving presents? Definitely giving. For me, it is much more fun and so much more satisfying.
- What is your favorite pattern? I am not sure I have a favorite one.
- What is your favorite day of the week? My favorite day of the week starts late afternoon on Friday and lasts through the weekend. Okay, so technically it is not a day.
- What is your favorite flower? The California Poppy.
There are so many blogs that I really enjoy and they all should be included. Keeping the theme of the award in mind, I chose bloggers that have been supportive or inspiring or put a smile on my face with their posts.
- The Adventures of Jaydon and Daddy This dad blogs about his daily adventures with his son. He includes adorable pictures and advice for other parents based on his own experience.
- The Cherbie Life This mom blogs about motherhood, marriage, and family. She has been through a few challenges lately, but her posts are always positive.
- merelymothers These 3 lovely ladies cover a broad spectrum of topics concerning children and motherhood. The posts are always thought provoking, hot topics, and fun to discuss.
- The Diary of a Reluctant Mother This mom’s posts will always make you smile. She has a great talent to add humor to misery. And she tops it all off with pictures of her cute little boy.
- Doodle Dad This dad creates the coolest cartoons to illustrate his adventures with his two sons. A unique blog with fun stories that will always entertain you.